P.S. GreenBook

I saw a movie trailer today.
Said based on a true story.
WHO KNEW THAT INJUSTICE EXISTS!
Wait,
You know?
You've heard?
YOU HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING ABOUT IT?
You know,
I can't really judge you on that.
HOW DARE I BE INDIGNANT ABOUT IT?
I can't say I've done anything about it either.
I have no idea WHAT to do about it.
I try to do it the slow way.
Engage in conversations with people I know that make me want to rip my hair out!
The disbelief in my soul about how some people think and were raised confounds me.
I can't keep my mouth shut any longer.
How do I reach more people with less talking?
How do I teach without burning out?
Do teachers feel like this?
Do pastors of small congregations understand this?
Does a parent ask these questions every day?
I'VE FOUND NO BETTER WAY THAN THESE POEMS!
I've heard that good art will unconsciously refine a community!
THAT POOR ART DOES INCALCULABLE HARM!
Thank you for that lesson.
It stuck with me from the time I heard it.
I'm not there yet,
But progress towards excellent is what propels me.
Art of art sake isn't enough!
Is it truly Propaganda when it's true?
LET HUMANS STAND WITH HUMANITY!
I had so much just trapped within me today.
Who knew being human was this complicated?
Feeling all kinds of feelings about the same topics.
Some of those feelings about other topics too!
The urgency about all these things happening at the same time.
Multi tasking is supposedly a myth.
But how do you address all of it without neglecting any of it?




Comments

Popular Posts